Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Loving Natalee Post 3B

This section of the devastating memoir is Beth shooting her TV commercial in Aruba to look for Natalee. Beth describes herself as not fearful about being on television but driven to plead for help. "The words somehow just come as I tell the reporter about Natalee and how uncharacteristic it is of her to not be on time for her flight, how dependable and accomplished she is."(page 61) After the commercial Alberto takes charge and gets more media contacts for them to advertise of finding and having people of Aruba look for Natalee. Beth also goes to an Aruban newspaper place to get the word out. They also go to a print shop to make posters of Natalee and give out the information of where she was last seen, her physical features and characteristics. As Beth does her interviews and commercials she says " All the while I'm wondering if Natalee can see me or hear me. I want her to know how hard everyone is working to find her. I want her to hang on."(page 64) Beth decides that it might be a good idea to get the word out about Natalee's disappearance in the United States as well. She calls her friend Sunny who works for a television station in Birmingham and Sunny warns her that once its out this wont be back but Beth says to go ahead and do a report on Natalee. She wants so badly to just find her daughter and as quickly as she can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.